PremFina is a technology-led, private equity backed, London-based firm operating in the $80 billion global premium finance industry. We supply insurance brokers and companies with financing facilities as well as a white label cloud-based Software-as-a-Service (SaaS).
We're revolutionising the way people pay for insurance. We have a team of over 80 people, located across the UK, Bulgaria and Poland - together we exist to help customers, empower our partners and transform the insurance industry for the better by creating a world where insurance is more accessible and affordable for everyone. We’re a fast-growing team, united by our belief in positive disruption to help contribute to a more inclusive society.
We do something amazing. You can do something amazing. Join us today!
Your contribution to something big
We are looking for a Senior Credit Underwriter to assist with all aspects of credit risk management across a portfolio of regulated and non-regulated business. Reporting to the Head of Credit Risk, this role is key to developing sustainable loan book growth for PremFina by writing high quality, profitable business and mitigating any identified risks.
What you’ll be doing
- Analysing counterparty credit risks on a diverse portfolio of SME’s and mid-market corporates based in the UK;
- Providing recommendations and making credit decisions within delegated authority;
- Working closely with the Sales Team to find commercially acceptable solutions whilst ensuring Credit Risk requirements are met;
- Analysing the creditworthiness of insurers and brokers to ensure the loan portfolio is adequately collateralised;
- Delegating lending authorities to individuals within the credit team and ensuring these are appropriate through regular quality assurance and monitoring of loan performance;
- Identifying and managing potential problem loans;
- Negotiating and agreeing forbearance options with a view to minimise bad debt;
- Overseeing PremFina’s risk decision models to assess their effectiveness and make enhancements;
- Be actively involved in improving the credit risk framework and automating processes and controls;
- Building relationships with PremFina’s network of broker partners;
Our ideal teammate has experience with/knowledge in
- Technical qualifications such as degree level education (Accounting, Finance, Business or similar);
- Credit underwriting in commercial lending (at least 5 years’ experience);
- Having a personal lending authority and working within an assigned risk appetite;
- Preparing and presenting credit applications to Credit Committee;
- Underwriting across a variety of industries with regulated / non-regulated products;
- Dealing with problem loans and complex workouts;
- Understanding legal and compliance regulations notably in relation to company administartions, bankruptcies etc;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
You will get brownie points for
- Experience of implementing credit policies and processes (including credit risk reporting);
- Practical knowledge of automated credit solutions;
- Previous experience in the insurance industry;
- Experience of recruiting and leading a team.
- High attention to detail and a keen emphasis on accuracy;
- Thoughtful, analytical by nature and an ability to see both sides of the coin;
- Confident in your abilities, happy to make a decision and stand behind it;
- Positive, looking for ways to work as a team to get things done;
- A high level of personal integrity.
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary bonus
- 25 days holiday per year
- Private health insurance
- Flexible working
- Professional development/qualifications support
- Personal pursuits: 1 “all about me” day per calendar year
- All the latest tech you need
- Social events