Job title: Head of Legal
Reporting to: Group CEO
Location: Madrid or London (Remote)
Experience: 5 to 10 years of relevant experience
PremFina Ltd is a fast-growing venture capital backed premium finance company that promotes financial inclusion by enabling the payment of insurance premiums by instalments. With offices in London, Warsaw, Madrid and Sofia, it supplies insurance intermediaries with funding lines and enables self-funding via its Software-as-a-Service (SaaS).
PremFina is expanding its business into Continental Europe, currently starting operations in Spain and Portugal, followed up by Poland, France, Italy, Germany, and The Netherlands.
This role will be responsible for overseeing all legal aspects of the business. You will represent PremFina in the setup of structured finance vehicle - drafting and negotiating documents and ensuring a smooth process to transaction close or advisory matter completion. You will safeguard the company’s reputation by guaranteeing that the company follows law guidelines and give legal advice to management about all relevant issues.
- Drafting of legal documents and agreements;
- Review of legal documents and agreements;
- Instructing and managing external counsel, ensuring that accurate and targeted information is provided.
- Act on all elements of a setting up a structured finance vehicle from instruction, through to closing and post-closing.
- Negotiating securitization documents assuring company's interests are represented.
- Identify legal issues and implement strategies to address them.
- Develop and implement innovative solutions to legal problems.
- Support PremFina staff by interpretation of various laws and regulations affecting the business.
Required skills and experience:
- 5-10 years of relevant experience in Financial Services industry.
- Legal qualification.
- Strong structured finance and securitisation experience.
- Excellent knowledge of EU lending regulations, as well as corporate law and procedures.
- Experience with Ireland S110 or other EU structured finance vehicle is essential.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English; other languages (Spanish, Polish, German or French) are a bonus.
- High attention to detail and a keen emphasis on accuracy.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently and on remote with team members.