PremFina is a technology-led, private equity backed, London-based firm operating in the $80 billion global premium finance industry. We supply insurance brokers and companies with financing facilities as well as a white label cloud-based Software-as-a-Service (SaaS).
We're revolutionising the way people pay for insurance. We have a team of over 80 people, located across the UK, Bulgaria and Poland - together we exist to help customers, empower our partners and transform the insurance industry for the better by creating a world where insurance is more accessible and affordable for everyone. We’re a fast-growing team, united by our belief in positive disruption to help contribute to a more inclusive society.
We do something amazing. You can do something amazing. Join us today!
Your contribution to something big
We are looking for a Commercial Credit Underwriter to assist with all aspects of credit risk management across a portfolio of regulated and non-regulated business. Reporting to the Head of Commercial Underwriting, this role is key to growing PremFina’s loan book by writing high quality, profitable business and mitigating any identified risks.
We operate a hybrid model of working with working from home combined with occasional time in our London office.
What you’ll be doing
- Analysing counterparty credit risks on a diverse portfolio of SME’s and mid-market corporates based in the UK
- Analysing the creditworthiness of insurers and brokers
- Performing annual facility reviews in line with credit policy
- Making credit decisions within your delegated authority
- Reviewing financials and data from credit bureaus and public sources to prepare and present credit papers to senior management
- Working closely with the Sales Team and broker partners to find commercially acceptable solutions whilst ensuring Credit Risk requirements are met
- Ensuring all on-boarding of customers and brokers complies with KYC and AML Standards.
- Identifying and managing potential problem loans and supporting collection activities
- Negotiating and agreeing forbearance options for with a view to minimise bad debt
- Building relationships with PremFina’s network of broker partners
Our ideal teammate has experience with/knowledge in
- Ability to self-motivate, meet tight deadlines and prioritise work
- Previously held a delegated authority
- Confidence with ability to make solid well thought recommendations to senior management.
- Experience of writing credit applications, spreading financials and providing in-depth analysis
- A great communicator who can articulate to stakeholders across the organisation and to customers/brokers when required
- Minimum 3 years’ experience underwriting across a variety of industries with regulated / non-regulated products
- Has some unsecured lending experience and capability to make decisions on limited information where necessary
- Comfortable looking at various deal sizes across a variety of sectors
- Good understanding of accounting concepts
- Analytical mindset with high attention to detail and keen emphasis on accuracy
- Methodical and diligent approach with outstanding planning abilities
- Has a positive attitude and enjoys engaging with people.
You will get brownie points for
- Previous experience within the Insurance industry
- Understanding of legal and compliance regulations
- Experience with data analytics
- Knowledge of automated lending and streamlining manual processes
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary bonus
- 25 days holiday per year
- ‘All About Me’ day
- Private health insurance
- Pension contribution
- Flexible working
- Professional development/qualifications support
- All the latest tech you need
- Social events