PremFina is a technology-led, private equity backed, London-based firm operating in the $80 billion global premium finance industry. We supply insurance brokers and companies with financing facilities as well as a white label cloud-based Software-as-a-Service (SaaS).
We're revolutionising the way people pay for insurance. We have a team of over 100 people - together we exist to help customers, empower our partners and transform the insurance industry for the better by creating a world where insurance is more accessible and affordable for everyone. We’re a fast-growing team, united by our belief in positive disruption to help contribute to a more inclusive society.
We do something amazing. You can do something amazing. Join us today!
Your contribution to something big
We are looking for a Credit Risk Analyst who will deliver the high-quality insight, monitoring and analytics we need to optimise our credit strategies and build sustainable portfolio growth.
Reporting to the Head of Credit, this role will be key to establishing the strong foundations and credit risk tools required to grow the business and build a robust risk and control environment.
What you’ll be doing
- Develop and optimise both retail and commercial lending credit strategies, leveraging internal and external data such as credit reference agencies.
- Produce insightful analytics to understand the credit risk profile of our portfolios.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive suite of monitoring and reporting information to give the management team and Board a clear view of credit quality and risks across the business.
- Work closely with other functions across the business, including Finance, Technology, Strategy and Sales to improve automated processes and embed credit risk controls.
- Help with the preparation of insights for senior management, board and external regulatory bodies, as appropriate.
- Support the transition to IFRS 9 with the development of PD, EAD, LGD models.
- Support the data team with the development of credit risk management information requirements.
- Monitor credit data and decisioning strategies ensuring any deviations are escalated in a timely manner.
Our ideal teammate has experience with/knowledge in
- Experience with data analytics
- Some experience in SQL, SAS, Power BI, VBA, pivot tables or other data manipulation tools.
- Good analytical skills to understand the complexities of procedures and regulations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with fluency in English.
- Methodical and diligent approach with outstanding planning abilities.
- High attention to detail and a keen emphasis on accuracy.
- Ability to work under pressure, in between changing priorities.
- Ability to self-motivate, self-manage and work both autonomously and as part of the Risk and Compliance Team.
- Ethical, teamwork and a positive attitude.
You will get brownie points for
- Experience at a financial institution or fintech with credit experience.
- Advanced SQL commands.
- Data modelling exposure/experience.
- Experience of / exposure to JSON data.
- Experience of / exposure to data manipulation/interrogation using Python
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary bonus
- 25 days holiday per year
- ‘All About Me’ day
- Private health insurance
- Pension contribution
- Flexible working
- Professional development/qualifications support
- All the latest tech you need
- Social events